Occlusion & SSC

Occlusion isn't as important as I once thought, it simply makes you reach failure quicker through a reduced range of motion maintaining more tension. I pause slightly at the bottom position, this reduces stress on the tendons due to the way the stretch-shortening cycle (SSC) works. Fast turnaround speeds take advantage of the SSC which allows you to lift more weight but it also increases the risk of injury.




As far as tempo goes, I lift (concentric) my weights at a natural tempo, not as fast as possible but not intentionally slowed down either. I lower (eccentric) my weights at around half the speed I lift. I pause briefly between the end of the eccentric phase and the beginning of the concentric phase.

www.genesis-ugl.com
www.genesis-board.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steroid Profile - Masteron Propionate

Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids and Their Abuse & The Effects Thereof

Aromasin (exemestane)